Climate ambition at Hiab
As a business, we strive to be a customer-focused global leader in sustainable material flow. Hiab has a breakthrough objective to reduce CO2 emissions by 200,000 tonnes by 2024 which has been set in line with the Cargotec climate ambition to be a 1.5 degree company.
To reduce the climate impact of our own operations, we are increasing the share of renewable energy in our operations with the target to be climate neutral.
Here we strive to:
- Reduce value chain emissions by at least 50%.
- Be at the forefront of decarbonisation in our core markets and industries by:
- Engaging suppliers to reduce emissions from sourcing.
- Reducing the carbon footprint in the product use phase
- Reducing the environmental impact of our products and, at the same time, make them more cost-efficient and productive.
- Capture and create opportunities around the circular economy.
- Expand our electric offer using the most eco-friendly materials.
Learn more about the Cargotec climate ambition here
Future-ready for tomorrow's trucks
The load handling industry is changing – fast. Operating restrictions in cities, changes to environmental legislations and a demanding fuel economy are driving challenges for more sustainable business. Tomorrow’s trucks will need to give you the same productivity or more with less environmental impact. And your fleet will need to be ready.
Hiab is here to help. We are at the forefront of developing more sustainable load handling solutions, and we can already offer a range of innovations designed to support your business future today. No matter if your fleet will be powered by electric motors or alternative power sources, our equipment can be used with tomorrow’s trucks. So, you can be confident that our solutions will enable more sustainable and more profitable possibilities for your operation and help build a better tomorrow.
Below you will find a range of smart and sustainable Hiab innovations designed to support the future of your business.
Download the Hiab Sustainable Solutions brochure
MOFFETT eSeries NX
The MOFFETT eSeries NX has been developed based on the world’s first all-electric truck mounted forklift, a revolutionary turn in forklift logistics. All MOFFETT eSeries NX feature all wheel drive, 4-way steering, high-tech dash display, real-time operational insights and multiple charging options.
Work in silence, work at zero emissions
The ePTO is our Electric Power Take Off, an electro-hydraulic power pack for cranes. It sits alongside the traditional engine-driven system, enabling operators to work with the truck engine switched off, yet still do all the same jobs as usual. The ePTO delivers numerous advantages, both environmental and economic. For example, 60–70% lower energy consumption, 70% lower operating costs and 30% lower noise level.
The silent evolution of the crane
This eRoller electric roll loader crane is powered by a lithium ion battery. The battery pack also powers the movements of the crane along the truck’s bed, silently bringing the crane closer to where it is needed for the loading and lifting operations. The possibility to work emission free and within city noise levels, certifies this product as an environmentally friendly solution enabling work in areas where traditional products would not qualify.
CYCLONE tank: doing good for the environment while saving
Reduce your operating costs
The efficient CYCLONE tank system runs on using less oil, and this means having to purchase less of it during the whole lifetime of the crane’s life.
Simple, yet more money for your business.
More payload available
The smaller space required for the CYCLONE tank, on par with the highest performance level delivered, gives both more space on board the truck, and the lower oil needed means more weight that can be used for payload.
Give your business only what really matters.
MULTILIFT + electricity = the future of urban load handling
Installed on an electric truck chassis, MULTILIFT’s quiet and emissions-free electric hooklift is an environmentally friendly solution for urban use.
- Zero exhaust fumes for improved quality of life.
- Ideal for discreet late-night and early-morning transport of containers.
- Combined with the Performance Package the hooklift uses less energy, ultimately saving battery power and further helping the electric truck to maintain its range.
Savings on all sides with MULTILIFT features
Innovative features for your MULTILIFT can increase your payload opportunities while simultaneously reducing your environmental impact.
- PerformanceOptions™ reduce your fuel consumption and emissions.
- Fast Performance™ and Sequence Performance™ save time and effort to boost productivity.
- Lighter and stronger steel structure increases payload while further reducing fuel consumption.
- Quiet Performance™ reduces noise pollution to surrounding environments.
WALTCO Solar Charger saves time and the planet
The WALTCO Solar Charger generates power through solar panels on the roof of your truck or trailer and stores it in your tail lift battery, ensuring your tail lift is always charged and ready to go.
- Environmentally friendly, low impact technology.
- Minimum maintenance needs and a fast return on investment.
- Charging continues even when the vehicle is stationary.