Hiab Global Graduate Programme
Be a part of the technology revolution
Join the Hiab Global Graduate Programme today
Want to build a better tomorrow?
Hiab is on a journey to reduce our carbon footprint by 200,000 tonnes* by 2024. It is a big challenge, but we see it as an opportunity to innovate for, and with, our customers. We are exploring the latest and greatest ideas from material technology, alternative energy, and automation, and we apply digital solutions and smart design in product development. Hiab is an industry-leader that keeps your everyday life moving and has been pioneering the load handling industry for more than 70 years.
* Equivalent of driving from Paris to Beijing and back roughly 60,000 times or flying from London to New York and back roughly 200,000 times.
Are you up for the challenge?
The Hiab Global Graduate programme is a 15-month, full-time paid programme for tech talents who will start writing their masters theses or that have a MSc degree in a relevant technology field. The programme focuses on technology development for our next generation products and will give you the necessary tools for a future career at Hiab.
Get all the facts
With the Global Graduate Programme you will:
- Get to know Hiab and the environment around us, including our partners and how we collaborate.
- Put technology into practice in an initiative matched to your profile.
- Get involved in innovation and insights where you can make a real impact on Hiab.
- Through individual development and mentoring gain the tools to grow and create a world-class network so that you will have the best possible starting point for a future career at Hiab.
About the programme:
- The programme began in January 2023
- The duration of the program is 15 months
- You will be working in one of Hiab's R&D departments
- The projects and assignments are connected to technology and innovation
- You will work in a global environment and cooperate with people from all over the world
- The program will include travelling to other sites (if the world situation allows)
- During the program you will also get acquainted with and visit Hiab's customers and partners
- The programme includes frequent training sessions
- You will have a dedicated mentor and create an individual development plan
Emma Östby, Graduate Programme Manager
Listen to Emma and get to know more about the programme!
Pauliina Kunvik, Graduate Programme Sponsor
Listen to Pauliina and get inspired to join the programme!
Johanna Högosta, Graduate at Hiab
Listen to Johanna and get to know what it is like working as an graduate at Hiab!
Kurt Broeckx, Welding Engineer
Listen to Kurt and get to know more about the Visual Inspection by Laser Scanning position in Hudiksvall!
Our Recruitment Process
1. Application and screening
During the advertising period we will contact candidates that are eager to join our organisation and has the competencies and skills that we are looking for.
We will reach out to interesting candidates and conduct two to three personal interviews. The interviews are competency based which means that we are interested in identifying candidates' skill set and competencies. We want to find the most suitable candidates and give them an idea of what it is like to work at Hiab.
3. Selection and job offer
Once we find suitable candidates, we will reach out to the selected candidates who will receive a verbal offer from the manager followed by a written contract.
We want to give our graduates the best possible onboarding experience. During the onboarding period the graduate will get acquainted with the team, division and organisation. The graduate will also be introduced to their buddy and mentor who will support them throughout the whole Programme.
Where will I be located if I am selected to the programme?
The location of the position is stated in the job posting.
Will there be any additional activities or events organised during the programme?
During the programme different activities will be organised such as customer visits, get togethers with other graduates, travelling to other sites as well as hackathons and other fun events.
What kind of support will I receive during the programme?
Besides your manager and home team, you will also have a buddy and a mentor to support you and your development throughout the programme.
Will I get a permanent role at Hiab once the programme has ended?
We aim for providing permanent roles to all graduates after the programme has ended.
Can I combine my master's thesis work with the programme?
Yes you can, and while working on it you will get high-quality support from your tutor and colleagues.
Can I apply to the programme if I have a Bachelor's degree?
We are mainly looking for candidates who will start writing their master's thesis or candidates that already have a Master's or PhD degree in a technology field.
Is there an age limit to join the programme?
There is no age limit but we are looking for talents that have less than two years of post-academic work experience.
Can I apply for multiple positions?
Yes, you are allowed to apply for multiple positions.
What language requirements do you have?
We expect you to be fluent in the local language and have great English skills as English is our official business language.